Are you an ambitious self-starter who aims to keep a steep learning curve and to work in a dynamic environment? You will feel right at home at Infradata where you are surrounded by the smartest people alike and are challenged to come up with the most ingenious solutions.
Your role as Network & Security Engineer
Firstly, you will work for one of our largest clients in Amsterdam on a project where you will be responsible for both design and support activities. In this position you will contribute to the development and staging of environments. Testing and validation tasks (automated deployments), as well as troubleshooting activities, will be part of your responsibilities. You are a team player who is prepared to go the extra mile for your colleagues. You will get the chance to influence designs by advising on improvements.
Your main responsibilities include
As a Network & Security Engineer you will be responsible for a variety of tasks, namely:
- Understanding the business requirements and translating them into technical network solutions (capacity and functionalities);
- Designing and planning the datacentre network of our client in an optimal and cost-effective way, according to company technical guidelines;
- Producing network solutions and designs, bills of material, implementation & migration plans and documents considering all related network elements;
- Carrying out network implementations and migrations and handing over the new networks to Operations and to 3rd parties;
- Reviewing and validating design and migration plans of consultant engineers.
- Proven track record with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a Network & Security Engineer;
- Experience in an IT services environment (preferably worked in an Internet Service or Cloud Networking Provider);
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent working experience;
- Experience in firewalls (CheckPoint), Cisco Edge Routing (ASR9K, ASR1K), IPsec, MPLS-PE, Routing and VRF configuration;
- Experience with Cisco ACI (application fabric, known with EPG's, contracts, tenants, BD’s, etc.);
- F5 experience – Viprion systems, LTM, also able to troubleshoot, experience with SSL troubleshooting and configuration;
- Understanding of coding / scripting;
- Strong knowledge of ISP data centers. Design with special focus on IP Networks, Security and Application Delivery Solutions;
- Solid knowledge of ISP Systems, mail platforms, DNS, DHCP, IT systems, DTV back-end environments;
- Strong knowledge of high-end Cisco and Nexus platforms;
- Strong knowledge of remote access solutions (e.g. CheckPoint Connectra/ Endpoint Connect);
- Strong knowledge in routing and switching;
- Good experience with Unix Systems;
- Scripting languages such as Python, Bash and experience with Ansible for automated deployment;
- Expert user of Microsoft Windows, Office Suite and Visio.
Infradata is an award-winning independent provider of state-of-the-art cyber security and cloud networking solutions and services. We enable customers to drive innovation and value with best-of-breed solutions. Infradata creates the foundation for a secure and thriving digital economy and digital society. Infradata is currently active in 7 countries.
At Infradata, it’s all about people and diversity. They are our company’s capital and ensure the quality of our services. Infradata continuously invests in the talents of its employees and also expects them to possess a healthy dose of entrepreneurial spirit and that they are not afraid to show personal initiative. Along with the focus on clients and the innovation strategy, there is also the requisite attention for the third success factor: Our culture. Infradata is a flat and informal international organisation with a winner mentality.
- The opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing award-winning companies in The Netherlands with an international scope.
- You work with leading companies and partners; therefore our organization has a very dynamic work environment with impressive, state-of-the-art projects.
- Excellent remuneration package which includes: a good salary, pension scheme, attractive bonus scheme, laptop, iPhone and a company car.
- Personal development (we enable you to study and develop yourself).
- Working in a modern office with a lot of flexibility.
- A chance to work with extraordinary driven and intelligent colleagues, where we regularly organize fun social activities and outings.
An online screening and a reference check are part of the application procedure.
Have you become enthusiastic about the role and working for Infradata? Apply directly via the application button “Apply Now” and submit your CV and cover letter to Jorinke de Hek.
If you require further information call Jorinke de Hek, Corporate Recruiter via 06-39451009 or send a mail to [email protected]
Network & Security Engineer
Vacature ID: #439995
Gepubliceerd: 7 december 2018
Neem contact op
Neem contact op met onze recruiter en ontdek waarom Infradata een 'great place to work' is!
Solliciteren voor deze functie
Als je geïnteresseerd bent in deze vacature en voldoet aan de vereisten voor de functie, dan horen we graag van je!
Bedankt! Je sollicitatie is voltooid. We nemen snel contact met je op.